The UK Freedom of Information Act: Questions and Answers

The Times online has produced a useful set of Q&A's on the UK Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations in association with Katherine Gundersen of the Campaign for Freedom of Information:
  • What sort of information can I apply for?
  • Can you give some specific examples?
  • How do I make an application? What will it cost?
  • Can public bodies refuse to give me the information?
  • What do I do if they refuse?
  • Why do the rules vary within the UK?
  • What other new laws can help me obtain information?
  • Are there any documents already released? How do I read them?
  • Are there some useful websites for further advice?

Q&A: the Freedom of Information Act (The Times, 1 January 2005)


0 comments: